Exploration: Cure

Exploration: Cure
Location: 4905 Freret Street (Uptown)


With the start of September and summer travels and adventures behind me, I'm taking up my regular blog posts again, starting with a Friday Exploration.

This week found Giselle and me at a Freret Street bar famous for its cocktails. Cure, on first glance, is about what you would expect from a little more upscale Uptown bar--a little pricey, nice courtyard, menu with filled with different cocktails and wines. However, I wasn't that impressed.

First, when we stepped into the actual bar after exiting the Uber, I was hit by a strong chemical-ly odor. I smelled to me as though they had recently scrubbed the entire place with bleach, and I was glad for the courtyard. The courtyard, which I said before, was nice, though nothing spectacular.

I was similarly underwhelmed by the first cocktail I ordered. I ordered it for the hibiscus, which I love, but could hardly taste in the drink. My second drink was much more pleasant. It was a champagne cocktail with a little juice and cayenne pepper. It tasted good and I would order it.

Good points: Fun names for the cocktails. Decent courtyard.
Negative points: Bleachy smell inside (to be fair, that might not be normal for them). Underwhelming cocktails on a bar based around them. (Pro-tip: for creative, and beautiful, cocktails, go to Latitude 29 in the French Quarter!)

Rating: 2



Comments

Popular Posts