Exploration: Marcello's Restaurant and Bar

Exploration: Marcello's Restaurant and Wine Bar

Location: 715 St. Charles Avenue (Warehouse District)

Category: Wine Bar and Restaurant

My friend Gieselle and I decided to step up our exploration of New Orleans a little and try out a new spot each Friday. This week, to celebrate the end of a cold spell that actually canceled school for a few days, we settled on a more upscale wine bar. I had passed by Marcello's Restaurant and Wine Bar, located in the Warehouse District, before but had never been inside.

We arrived a little after eight PM and found it full. There were two spots at the bar, which we took, but Gieselle was squeezed into the corner and had to find room for her drink next to a huge bottle filled with corks. Interesting decoration, but it did not work well, space-wise! Luckily, within a few minutes, two people left and we moved over.

Though we came just for drinks, the food looked and smelled like good Italian fare. Gieselle had a prosecco and I ordered a chardonnay. They were priced what I expected for a more upscale place (that is, around $10 per glass). The waiter charged Gieselle for only 2 of the three glasses she ordered, on account that one bottle was not chilled. She also purchased a bottle to take home with her for about $40. The waiter said that bottles range from $30 to "expensive".

I enjoyed Marcello's, as a whole, though it lacked charm of other places. The dining room, when I glanced in, had a beautiful décor with wine bottles, so that could be fun to try out. I give it 4 out of 5 stars, for class, good service and positive words on the food (note I didn't try any myself).


Comments

Popular Posts