Exploration: Hot Tin

Exploration: Hot Tin
Location: 2031 St. Charles Avenue (Lower Garden District)

Though I've been to Hot Tin before, it has not been showcased on N.O. Musing, and with views like those available from the rooftop patio, it deserves a spot. Unfortunately, with on a pleasant evening, a lot of other people were also drawn to the bar on top of the Pontchartrain Hotel.
                                    
The interior is charming, too. Its décor is in a 1940's style--dark wood, large bookshelf, small tables and a few sofas. It is like stepping into a gentlemen's study of that era.
                                                          
I like to try creative cocktails when they are available, and the Hot Tin did not disappoint. I tried two drinks. My first was called a Hibbity Dibbity, made from bourbon, blueberry hibiscus tea, lemon and ginger. It was sweet, a little tangy, and had a surprising orange-gold color (I thought it would be more blue).
                                                          
I chose my second cocktail for its clever name: Don't Build Me a Wall, Nut. I don't remember all of the ingredients, but I really liked the walnut liqueur.
Do I recommend the Hot Tin? Absolutely, especially if a place is available on the patio!







Comments

Popular Posts