Exploration: Finn McCool's

Exploration: Finn McCool's
Location: 3701 Bank Street (Mid-City)

Happy St. Patrick's Day! To get in the spirit yesterday, Gieselle and I met a friend, Pete, at an Irish Pub in Mid-City. Though we work in Mid-City, neither of us have really explored the area. A colleague recommended Finn McCool's, so we decided to check it out.

We hopped the bus, and then the streetcar (we literally chased after it because there wouldn't be another one coming for 10 minutes and Pete was waiting already at the bar!) we got off on Telemachus Street and walked a few blocks to Bank Street and the bar.

The bar looks small from the outside, but when I walked in, I found a large, open space.  There were chairs around the bar, and beyond that, a few tables, a billiard area and a window to order food. I got some nicely seasoned French fries. There was even a courtyard outside. Two TVs played above the bar, showing the March Madness game.

To stay in the mood of St. Patrick's Day Eve, I had an Irish Coffee and Gieselle got a Guinness. Pete chose a lite beer. For great atmosphere, good prices, and food fries, I give Finn McCool's a 4.


Comments

Popular Posts