Exploration: The Delchaise

Name: The Delchaise
Location: 3442 Saint Charles  (Uptown)
Category: Wine Bar

My roommate, Gieselle, and I like to venture from our neighborhood and see what else the city has to offer. It's easy to stay in the familiar zone, but New Orleans has so many places! One night, we decided to go to the Uptown wine bar, The Delchaise.

Sitting on the corner of Delcahise Street (easy to find this bar, eh?) and St. Charles, you can watch the street cars roll on, as you sit beneath red umbrellas and tree branches, strung with fairy lights. A+ for outside ambiance.

Inside is just as charming, with dark wood tables and a sprawling bar. Add a wine list, with prices ranging from $10-12/glass to over a couple of hundred by the bottle, a handful of beer selections (is it a little traitorous to get a beer form a wine bar?) and a decent food menu.

I had a chilled white wine and fries. The latter came in a pretty wire basket with two types of dipping sauces--a peanut sauce (which I was not too fond of) and a spicy mayo (which I did enjoy). Gieselle, as per her usual, had a red wine, and shared some of my fries. The menu offered more substantial food, as well.

All in all, a nice spot with a kind backyard picnic feel and a streetcar view. I would return.

Has anyone else been? Let us know your thoughts and experiences with The Delchaise!

Comments

Popular Posts